Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Malifaux Musings



This is Mindy.

Mindy isn't a real person. That is to say, she's real all right: she can walk (a little clumsily), understand commands (nothing too complicated), and even communicate a little herself, with posture and hand gestures. But she's not alive.

At least, I don't think so. She's a special kind of automaton that Ramos made for the Show - oh, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that, he likes to stay behind the curtain. She looks insignificant, harmless even, but she's an important part of any performance. We'd be lost without her, and her sisters. Which is why I put up with her silent watchfulness... is it petulance? Resentfulness? I can't quite put my finger on it. I just know that sometimes, in the darkness of the wardrobe room, she seems to be contemplating. studying us. Watching.

Which is ridiculous, of course. How can a mannequin with no eyes watch anything, anyway?

1 comment: